BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Few Pictures of Chile

I truly loved visiting Chile! It is a beautiful country and its varied landscapes reminded me of California. I think almost all of these pictures are from the week and a half that we spent in southern Chile (in the towns of Pucon and Frutillar). As we travelled around central and southern Chile, I noticed that the Chilean accent is quite different from the Mexican one. It took a lot of effort for me to understand some people; others I could completely understand. And of course, many comments were made about how strange it was for them to see me as so American but when I spoke, they heard a Mexican speaking Spanish! Hahaha! Well, that's my Mexican half! Anyways, Chile is a gorgeous country. I didn't get to spend much time in Santiago and we didn't go anywhere in northern Chile (nor did we go over to Argentina-something that I wanted to do so badly!). However, it was such a pleasure to get to spend three weeks here in South America.












































Chile has many beautiful landscapes. We spent about a week and a half in the south of Chile, which was so pretty. I got quite a bit of sun on my face and neck from spending so much time outdoors. We spent five days in Southern Chile in Pucon. Then we went to Frutillar, another great town with amazing views of volcanoes and mountains. We also spent an afternoon sailing on El Lago de Todos Los Santos (I'm standing in front of that lake in one of these pictures).






































































And here are just a few more images from around Chile. When we were in the apartment in Renaca (a ritzy suburb of Vina del Mar on the central coast of Chile), every night I would just sit and watch the sunset. It was always breathtaking and relaxing. I had some great experiences there: one of these pictures is the very end of land (on the Chilean side) that one can drive on; once we arrived at the end of the PanAmerican highway, we took a ferry over to the island of Chiloe. Another of these pictures (the one with the cows) is from Frutillar, a beautiful town in Southern Chile.




1 comments:

The Pierce Family said...

What beautiful pictures and what a fun trip! And remember, your Mexican side comes from Mom, remember?