BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Feria of Cholula

The Feria de Cholula lasts for about two weeks and culminates with the celebration of the Independence of Mexico on September 15th/16th. 250,000 people come from around the world to experience this truly remarkable event (and the centro is jam-packed with people). I took a few pictures of the fireworks before realizing that I have a fireworks setting on my camera but I still think the pictures are kind of cool. I was waiting in the Zocalo of Cholula to participate in the shout of Mexico's Independence ("Viva Mexico") but at midnight nothing was going on so I went home. My neighbors were celebrating until about 4am when I finally was able to go to sleep.



2 comments:

The Clark Family said...

I love all the pictures! I totally get to visualize when you live when I see them. It was so wonderful talking to you the other night. I love you and miss you and think about you all the time!

The Pierce Family said...

What an event...I saw some stuff on the news about the celebration. I also love the pictures. And excuse me...but why does Heidi get to talk to you on the phone and not me? She's not any cooler than I am. Love ya even though you're showing sister favoritism.