BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 18, 2011

Casa Quetzal

Casa Quetzal is our home for the three weeks that we are staying in Valladolid, Yucatan, Mexico (and yes, I'm aware that two of those weeks have already come and gone!!). It is such a lovely spot!! We jokingly refer to it as the "compound" because it kind of is one. They gave us keys when we first arrived but they lock us all in at night (but one of the keys they gave us does open the front door so we can escape if necessary!). Anyways, I can't really explain how beautiful Casa Quetzal is! What a great place to learn Maaya! The "boutique hotel," as it's called, is beautiful and the staff is so friendly and willing to answer our questions. I feel so grateful and I have absolutely enjoyed staying here!
















































































And here are some more pictures of this little paradise on the outskirts of Valladolid's center. It really is so peaceful and beautiful here. Even though we only have one more week here, I still appreciate this gorgeous environment for studying Maaya T'aan (literally "Maya Speech"). I love the two cats that live here and all of the lush, green flora. It has truly been a great place to stay.



2 comments:

The Pierce Family said...

It will be so nice to see you in August and hear all about it! Love ya!

Jared and Kelly said...

Oh my goodness, it DOES look beautiful. Though, they lock you in at night? Makes me worried about safety... Sorry it's taken me so long to look at your blog again. Things have been crazy and I haven't been looking at any of the blogs. But I'm so excited to hear more about your experiences!